How many Energy Bite recipes have we all scrolled across on Pinterest? SO many! Every stinking time I tell myself “I should really make those” well finally I did! I was getting sick of our every day “healthy” snacks we keep in the house and was ready to change it up. These are perfect to grab and go.
I stay out of the kitchen for the most part in our house. I can make our lunches like a pro, whip up a mean cup of coffee, make smoothies like its my job and assist my husband by grabbing something from the fridge or constantly stirring something but let me tell you… these little amazing energy bites were easy peasy! We had majority of the ingredients on hand, but I did have to run to the store for flax seed and vanilla extract. Who doesn’t have vanilla extract on hand?!The below recipe made around 20 Energy Bites and they lasted 4 days!! They were a hit 🙂 Nick never eats breakfast (naughty naughty!) but he would eat two of these each morning and he’s asking me to make more. SUCCESS!! I did give up sweets for Lint so the next batch will have to be a little different with no chocolate chips, darn! Check this website out… 30 different energy ball recipes?! yes please!!
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.
I won’t say I felt a JOLT of energy after eating these, but they were a filling healthy snack that didn’t leave me feeling bloated or bad about eating 1 or 2 or 3 at a time 😉 Give them a try!
What are some other fun, simple, and healthy snacks you guys enjoy other than the usual banana or hummus with carrots?